Sunday 27 November 2011

thankful grateful good

things that I am thankful for during this Thanksgiving break (which was much much needed):

  • roadtripping with momma and daddio
  • stayed up til 2am finishing Anne of Avonlea, just because I could
  • ate one of every kind of six pies that we had at the thanksgiving feast, and didn't feel a bit guilty
  • wandered up and down dirt roads without a purpose but to thank God and think on Him
  • felt the solidarity of family and history as I listened to Grandma Boots tell about her childhood that took place just a few miles away, tucked in the trees and hills among natural springs, flatrocks, caves, long walks to the schoolhouse, and playful siblings
  • rediscovered my love for Sleeping At Last, after reading an excerpt about them from Shauna Niequists' book, Cold Tangerines (which I also completed, and I loved)
  • spent a lot of time doodling in the car
  •  went hiking with my family, and saw them all go past their comfort zones, wading through freezing creeks, and pushing themselves up steep, rocky hills
  • etcetera.


overall, i feel fully refreshed. well, I guess that "fully" is a rash term. when are we ever fully refreshed? well, i guess I just feel great. I really needed to escape, and re-center. I was feeling a bit insecure before I left (though I didn't really realize it until I had the chance to step back and see it all from an outside view).. I was overthinking things that ought not to be overthought upon. I was simply a chaotic mess inside of my head. And now it's all a bit clearer, simpler.

two things have become certain:
the Kingdom of God feels more global, more local, and more eternal than ever before.
and:
the world around us is threaded through with divinity, it is our choice whether we see it or not.

oh, and also:
i'm content. i'm thankful for who I am, for where I am, for who I am surrounded by, for where I am going, for Who is guiding me. 



and NOW it is officially the beginning of Christmas music. YAYY! (thankful for that too)


No comments:

Post a Comment