Tuesday 22 November 2011

gimme a break

I've been on doggy patrol this week while my parents were in Florida. Goodness, I feel like I have suddenly gotten in touch with another side of my personality. That maternal, domesticated one. I wake up, like clock-work, every morning at about 6 to let them out, to feed them, to cuddle them, to run with them. And let me tell ya, I'm feeling more fit than ever this week because Bear has forced me to run with him every morning. He is quite the baby when he doesn't get his way.

And now it's just about Thanksgiving. Rounding the corner on Thursday, is the greatest day for eating. Really, I'm just very excited to eat mom's cranberry-apple-granola stuff that I eat for days/weeks following because it's just that good... and then we make it again for christmas, and it's just the winteriest snack in the world.

I'm so ready for a break.
I feel exhausted in every nook and cranny of my mind, my body, my heart. I just need a rest. Don't make me think. Don't make me strive. Don't make me sprint. Let me sit for a while, with a good book, a tea, and family that let's me be who I am uncensored.
(Too bad I have a chemistry test and lab report due next week. What's wrong with them?!)

Anyways, it's gonna be good regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment