Tuesday 8 November 2011

relaxing fully

I went home this weekend to be my dad's date for the Breeder's Cup, a pretty huge horse race that happens at Churchill Downs in Louisville each year. And we had free box seats, with fancy free food and drinks all day. Couldn't pass that up, duh. The weather was fine, and the strong horses even finer... maybe the most fine part of the day was me, though. Oh oops, just kidding, maybe I shouldn't have said that.  ;)

The rest of the weekend was full of a whole lotta quality re-lax.
Watched a few movies (Water for Elephants and Jane Eyre... both so good!), took a nap even, and spent a multitude of minutes in the brisk, yet warm, sunny weather. It was so positively perfect outside, my heart felt like it would swell at the sight and feel of it all.
And I felt free to simply sit and chat lazily with my dad and mom. No rush. No stress. Let's just talk about what's on our mind, how we're relating to God, the funny things our dogs do (lots of snoring and farting as they sleep), and whatnot. That's my favorite way to talk, and probably most people's favorite way to talk-- each listening, each freely speaking. It's good good good.


So yes, that was a swell weekend. And I just feel swell. So blessed to have such wonderful parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment