Tuesday 1 November 2011

Running and Climbing

What a funny night. So I finished my chem test, and was feeling pretty alright about it all. I'm beginning to overcome my test anxiety, especially as it pertains to chemistry (grrr chem). But it's getting better.

And there I go, riding home on my lovely white Specialized, whistling as I go, meanwhile contemplating in my head about what to do when I get home. Go to the climbing gym? Run? Cook? Homework? Sit? Tea? The sun was beating down on my face as it was setting down below homes, beckoning my feet to the pavement. Okay, I'll run.

And off I went. It was just one of those really good, perfect running nights. Listening to the new John Mark McMillian cd (wonderful), did double my usual running length, my head was feeling euphoric, my eyes bright, my legs strong, my spirit free. And then I got to the house and.. all doors locked. Oops. Well I could sit out on the porch for who knows how long. Or, hmm, break in?

So I got my climbing in for the night. Smeared up the front of my house, stuck my head, shoulders, booty, and feet through the tiny slit of window that I could get open, and then I tumbled into my room, tripping on my desk and swivel chair. I had a lovely laughing fit all to myself.

Lessons learned this evening:
There's always another option.
I'm more physically fit than I give myself credit for anymore.
It feels really good to genuinely laugh when no one's around.
Go with my first instinct (most of the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment