Saturday 14 January 2012

i'll tell you why i like the cold

here's my list:

1) bundling up with layers and layers of soft jackets
2) wearing knitted mittens, because it feels romantic
3) fast-walking to keep warm (always getting a workout!)
4) when my cheeks and nose turn red
5) when my lips become so cold that I can't properly form words anymore
6) the stillness and whiteness of nearly everything except for people and squirrels
7) girls can't dress as scandalous, and boys can't flaunt their buffness
8) sipping warm drinks, even if just for the sake of less-numb fingers
9) running outside in the snowy wet wonderland, and actually getting hot
10) catching snowflakes on my tongue
11) feeling like I have an excuse to stay inside and do crafts and bake
12) scarfs
13) fireplaces
14) thawing out next to fireplaces after playing outside (or just walking home)
15) the list goes on but i can't think of anything else right now




No comments:

Post a Comment